Lash lifts are the latest way to achieve beautiful lashes, and becoming certified online allows you to perform this service to clients while creating an extra revenue stream for yourself. Everyone wins! The beauty industry is shifting toward more natural methods, and lash lifts still give the overall appearance without harsh chemicals or products, unlike lash extensions or false lashes.
In total, we have five best lash lift certification courses online, including:
- Sugarlash Pro Academy
- The Brows Academy
- International Beauty Institute
- Elleebana Direct
- Luxy Beauty Courses
These certification courses have pros and cons to help determine which course is right for your lash lift career.
If you’re interested in learning how to do lash lifts, you’ve come to the right place. We can help start your search for the best last certification course online with our top five list, just stick around and keep reading.
How Do You Learn To Do a Lash Lift?
First and foremost, to learn to do a lash lift, you need to find a reputable course, either online or in person. However, many schools that offer lash lift classes have moved to online-only options, so finding an in-person one might be difficult.
Thankfully, there’s no shortage of online courses. Not all of these courses have the best reputation but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Our list below includes only lash lift classes that come highly recommended.
We suggest enrolling in one of the courses below to learn to do a lash lift. Then, you’ll need to complete the guided training through the modules or coursework specific to the training you’ve chosen.
Each lash lift certification course varies slightly, but you can expect to see some version of the following coursework when learning to do a lash lift:
- Discuss lash growth cycles.
- How to tailor lash lifts to different hair types and growth patterns.
- Obtain product knowledge.
- Learn the procedure for lash lifts.
Can You Get Certified Online To Do Lash Lifts?
The convenience of learning to do lash lifts online is invaluable. But, can you become certified to offer this service with an online course?
You can get certified online to do lash lifts. The courses we’ve outlined below offer online programs to learn to do lash lifts. Upon completing each of these courses, students receive a certificate.
However, just because someone completes an online lash certification program and has a certificate to perform lash lifts doesn’t necessarily mean they legally can offer this service. Each state has its own rules for who can and cannot perform lash lifts. However, you can always learn how to remove your lash extensions on YouTube. We’ll dive into that a little more in the next section.
Do You Have To Be Certified To Do Lash Lifts?
Who can perform lash lifts varies greatly from state to state. Each has its own regulations that determine lawful cosmetology practices, including lash lifts. While some states have absolutely no regulations, there are others that have rather strict ones.
In some states, like Maryland, Delaware, and Alabama, there are no regulations for lash lift certification, so you do not need to be certified to do lash lifts in those places. Other states require a cosmetology or esthetician license along with a lash lift certification.
Below is a list of states that do not require a person to be certified to do lash lifts:
However, even if your state doesn’t require lash certification to perform, it’s still strongly recommended to take a proper lash lift course. After all, you’re performing a procedure on and around a person’s eyes, so doing it right is incredibly important.
Although there aren’t harsh chemicals during a lash lift, there’s still damage that can occur as a result of improper technique. Also, if the procedure isn’t done correctly, it simply won’t work.
Check out this article to learn about the best esthetician certifications online!
What Materials Are Needed To Do a Lash Lift?
Many of the courses available come with a lash lift kit to help you learn and practice the lash lifting techniques. So what materials do you need to do a lash lift?
To do a lash lift the right way, there are a few things you absolutely must have to complete the procedure:
- Lash lift solution
- Lash lift setting solution
- Lifting rods
- Application brushes
- Lash isolator tool
- Undereye covers
There are other materials that make the procedure easier for the stylist and more comfortable for the client.
Let’s take a closer look at the materials you have to have on hand to perform a lash lift, as well as those that are considered more of a luxury that makes the service just a little bit better. The table below outlines these products. We’ve also defined each item according to if they are essential to performing the service or just a good thing to have around.
It’s important to know that each of the different online lash lift certification courses will let you know exactly what you need to complete the lash lift process according to their guidelines. You should follow their instructions exactly and not mix and match products from other lines until you’re experienced in performing lash lifts. This is the only way to ensure the safety of your clients and the performance of your service.
The 5 Best Lash Lift Certification Courses Online
Now you officially know exactly what you need to perform a lash lift, as well as the details of becoming certified. Next up, let’s chat about where you can go (online) to become certified to perform lash lifts and offer this service to your clients.
We will discuss the 5 best lash lift certifications courses online below…
Each of these courses offers something a little different, with the same end result: to help you become certified in lash lifts. Lash services are a great way to bring in new clients and to keep your existing clients happy and coming back. We’re sure that one of these courses will suit your needs so that you can start lash lifting asap!
1. Sugarlash Pro Academy
Sugarlash Pro Academy offers not just one lash lift certification but three! This combo of coursework is known as The Lash Lift Collective includes modules to guide you in lash lifts, tints, and plumping. These are all things that your clients don’t know they need, but once you’re able to let them know the services are available, they’ll be booking the next available appointment.
Here’s why we love this course:
- Three certifications in one course (clearly a bonus).
- Sugarlash is a well-respected company in the industry.
- The procedure was developed by professional stylists that perfected the process.
- Includes additional client forms like waivers.
- Lifetime access to the program is part of your course fee.
2. The Brows Academy
The Brows Academy course made our list because they’re using a technique with one of the beauty industry’s top ingredients, keratin. Keratin is a fibrous protein found in many beauty products and foods, proven to enhance the overall health of hair. Lash lifts with keratin are highly sought after.
In addition to using a lash lift method with keratin, we added this course to our list because:
- Instructors perform lash lifts on live models so that students can get a feel for different lash types and shapes.
- The Brows Academy offers mentorship programs for anyone that’s taken their courses, even after they’ve completed the certification.
- Keratin lash lifts can be performed on clients who are too sensitive for other treatments because of the gentle nature of the products.
3. International Beauty Institute
The lash lift certification course through the International Beauty Institute is an affordable option and includes their lash lift kit with enough product for 10 clients. Also… free shipping! There are also over 20 videos to help you navigate the course and answer any questions you might have during the process.
The International Beauty Institute’s lash lift course is a great option for stylists because it offers the following:
- A module on the actual science behind lash lifts because you know you’ll have clients that ask about how it works!
- Continued support from instructors of this accredited program.
- Learning via on-demand videos so that you can obtain your certification at your own pace, in your own free time.
- The course is a total of four hours in length, but again, you have the option to continue learning through any of the available videos.
- Detailed information on the health and safety protocols of lash lifts as well as the business side of things.
4. Elleebana Direct
Trust us, just one glance at this website, and you’ll see why we added this lash lift certification course to our list. Elleebana Direct has quite a few online course offerings, but we especially love how they’ve structured their lash lift learning.
Below are just a few of the many reasons that we’ve chosen Elleebana Direct for our list of top five lash lift certification programs:
- You can choose to purchase the certification with the lash kit or without. We love giving you options!
- The Australian-based company has a fantastic reputation across the globe for its passion and integrity in the beauty industry.
- The owners value the importance of flexible learning, so you can continue working while becoming certified through their program.
- Elleebana offers continued support and customer service throughout the training.
5. Luxy Beauty Courses
Last but 100% certainly not least on our list is the lash lift certification course from Luxy Beauty Courses. This certification course is another one of the more affordable options on the list- it’s always less expensive than the others, but this site often has promo codes available.
Affordability is a huge draw in this program, but there are also some other pros to why we chose this certification course for our list:
- You can literally learn from anywhere… the beach, your couch, the dinner table- whatever works best for your busy life.
- The kit is included in the already affordable cost of the course, but an additional kit can be purchased at a lower cost.
- The courses are easy to access and tutorial-based, so you can learn at your own pace and rewatch any part that you need to.
- The course covers everything you could possibly want to know about the lash lift procedure, from health and safety to pre and post-care and everything in between.
- Client waivers are included in the program materials, so that’s one less thing you have to worry about coming up with on your own.
Final Thoughts on Lash Lift Certification Courses
How to learn to do a lash lift… check. A list of materials you need to perform a lash lift… check. A list of five fantastic certification courses online to help you add lash lifts to your services… check. It’s official. You now have everything you need to start your online lash lift certification process so that you can add lash lifts to your service menu. Congratulations, your lash business is about to take off!
If you are interested in getting an online acrylic nail extension course visit this article!