Amazon seems to be the go-to spot for online shopping, and you can now shop for clothes, try them on, and return them as needed with Prime Wardrobe. Amazon started offering this service in 2018, and it caught on quick.
Prime wardrobe and the Top 5 Amazon Prime clothing brands: Amazon Prime Wardrobe lets buyers pick clothes, keep what they want, and return the rest before ever charging the buyer’s credit card. These are the top 5 Amazon Prime clothing brands:
As is with most things on Amazon, signing up for Prime Wardrobe to get Amazon Prime clothing deals isn’t too complicated. I’ll tell you everything you need to know about Prime Wardrobe in this article.
What is Amazon Prime Wardrobe?
Amazon Prime Wardrobe was rolled out, starting in 2017 to various customers to see how the service was received. It opened to all Amazon Prime members in 2018. The service is Amazon’s take on the various online shopping services available today.
Shopping online can be tough. If you’ve ever worn more than one brand of clothes, you know clothing designers all interpret sizes differently. This makes it a challenge to know what size to buy when you can’t actually try on the clothes. Amazon Prime Wardrobe makes this easier because you can try on the clothes before you’re charged for them.
Does Prime Wardrobe Include All Clothes?
Prime Wardrobe doesn’t include every item of clothing listed on Amazon, but it has quite a few designers. Besides Amazon’s brands, here are just a few of the other big names you’ll see with the Prime Wardrobe option:
How Does Amazon Prime Wardrobe Work?
Amazon Prime Wardrobe allows buyers to select clothes they like and actually try them on over a 7-day period before either keeping them or returning them.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when you’re using Amazon Prime Wardrobe:
- You need at least two Prime Wardrobe items in your cart.
- The maximum number of items is eight.
- Your Prime Wardrobe order is separate from other Amazon items in your cart.
- The 7-day try-on period starts when you get your order.
- You can try on the clothes, but don’t wear/use them unless you purchase them.
- All clothes must be returned with tags on and in their original packaging. This includes hangers, polybags, shoe boxes, dust bags, and gift boxes.
- Mark what you’re keeping and returning online, in your Amazon account:
- Enter into “Your Orders” sometime during the 7-day try-on period.
- You must complete checkout by 11:59 p.m. on the 7th
If you choose to return any items, Amazon again makes it super easy. When you originally get your order, you’ll get an Amazon Prime clothing box. This box is resealable and already has an adhesive prepaid return label.
All you do is put the items you’ve selected to return into the Amazon Prime clothing box, seal it up, attach the prepaid label and drop it off at a nearby UPS location.
You’ll get an email from Amazon once they receive your Prime clothing box with your returned items.
What if I Mess Up on One of the Steps?
If you decide you want to return something, but the 7-day try-on period has expired, you can still return the item, but the transaction will be subject to Amazon Fashion’s 30-day return policy. This means the item must be in its original packaging and must be unused, unworn, unwashed, and undamaged.
You can only checkout once with each Prime Wardrobe order, but if you make a mistake on the checkout or change your mind, don’t worry; all is not lost.
- If you marked “keep” on something but decided you want to return it, just request a return for the item in Amazon’s “Online Return Center.”
- If you marked “return” on something you want to keep, just keep the item, and Amazon will charge you for it when they don’t receive it.
More Details About the Prime Wardrobe Transaction
- You cannot use debit cards, prepaid cards, or gift cards for Prime Wardrobe. Your credit card on file also has to have an expiration date at least 90 days in the future.
- You can have just one Prime Wardrobe order shipped to you at a time, so you can’t have another one shipped until the first one is closed out, and Amazon has received your returned items.
- Your Prime Wardrobe shipment can take up to 4 to 6 days. This is simply so that Amazon can ship your order in as few boxes as possible.
How do you get Amazon Prime Wardrobe?
The first step to getting Amazon Prime Wardrobe is to sign up for an Amazon Prime account if you don’t already have one. If you don’t already have a standard Amazon account, you’ll need to sign up for that first.
Signing up for Amazon Prime’s free trial:
- Go to the Amazon Prime sign-up page on your computer.
- Choose “Start your 30-day free trial” at the top of the page.
- Select “Create a new Amazon account.”
- Enter the necessary account information (i.e., account name, email, password)
- Tap “Create your Amazon account.”
- Scroll down to “Select Payment Method” when the new page pops up.
- Click “Continue.”
- Enter your credit card information in the appropriate spots.
- Tap “Next.”
- Put in your billing address and click “done.”
- Click “Start your 30-day free trial.”
Your 30-day free Amazon Prime free trial is now up and running. If you don’t cancel before the end of your trial, your card will be charged the annual membership fee of $119 for Amazon Prime.
You can choose to pay $12.99 per month rather than the one-time fee, but obviously, the one-time fee is a better deal. If you’re a student, be sure to check out the student discount.
How do I put Clothes in My Prime Wardrobe?
Once you’re signed up for Amazon Prime, you’re ready to check out Prime Wardrobe. Amazon makes it easy because there’s really nothing to do to sign up for Prime Wardrobe once you have Amazon Prime.
You simply look for the “prime wardrobe” logo when you’re viewing the clothing items. It’s in blue writing and says, “prime wardrobe.” Amazon puts it in a few different spots, so buyers can’t miss the logo.
Here’s where you’ll find it:
- Near the price of the item
- On the right where you add items to your cart
- As a filter option on the left side of the page when you’re scrolling through clothing
When you find something, you want that qualifies for Amazon Prime Wardrobe, just click the circle in the cart area to add the item to your “Prime Wardrobe Cart.”
What Types of Discounts and Deals Do I get with Prime Wardrobe?
It seems like Amazon always has some sort of deal, and Prime Wardrobe is no different. You’ll find some Amazon Prime clothing deals on Prime Wardrobe offered specifically to customers.
- Just like with other Amazon clothing discounts, it will show if it’s a special deal next to the clothing item.
- The good news is if there is a better Amazon prime clothing deal than the one offered through Prime Wardrobe; you get a better discount.
If there’s isn’t any Prime Wardrobe discount, you’ll get whatever Amazon clothing discount is offered or any other Amazon promotion.
Is Prime Wardrobe Free?
Besides paying for your Amazon Prime subscription, Prime Wardrobe is a free service. It’s a great way to find Amazon Prime clothing deals. Shipping and returns are free with the service.
So, you are able to ship your chosen items to your home, try them on and take up to a week to decide what you want to keep. And returns are both free and easy.
Again, Prime Wardrobe is free. Since Amazon rolled out Prime Wardrobe, they’ve also started offering “Personal Shopper” by Prime Wardrobe. This option gets you all the benefits of Prime Wardrobe but the additional benefit of “getting styled monthly.”
Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe
It’s so easy to get the personal shopper service. Fill out a quick survey, so Amazon knows your preferences.
Once Amazon has this information, personal stylists put together pieces to match your style, fit, and budget. They’ll take into consideration what type of outfits you’re looking for, i.e., work, vacation, or a night out.
How Does Personal Shopper Work?
Once you share your preferences, your stylists get to work. Personal Shopper uses “technology innovation” as well as a “personalized human touch” to pick your items.
The company’s stylists come from various backgrounds, including fashion, retail, editorial, styling, and other creative fields. They receive special training on selecting items and styles based on the following:
- Seasonal pieces
- Current trends
You’ll have a chance to check out what the stylist put together before your order ships. If you want to switch anything out, you can. Once your order ships, you’ll have the same benefits as Prime Wardrobe.
Adding Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe to Your Amazon Account
Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe is $4.99 a month and is currently only set up for women.
If you subscribe to the Personal Shopper service and then decide it’s not for you, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Follow these steps:
- Sign into your Amazon account
- Click on “Account & Lists” under your name at the top, on the right side of the home page
- Select “Memberships & Subscriptions”
- Select the membership you want to cancel (in this case, Personal Shopper)
Canceling Amazon Prime
If you decide two-day shipping, unlimited photo storage, and Prime Wardrobe aren’t for you and want to cancel your entire Amazon membership, you can do that, too.
Follow these steps to cancel your Amazon Prime membership:
- Log into your Amazon account
- Click on “Account & Lists” under your name at the top, on the right side of the home page
- Select “Your Prime Membership”
- Click the link for “End Membership and Benefits” on the left side of the screen
- Confirm you want to cancel your membership
If you signed up for a 30-day free trial for Amazon Prime and you’re still within your free trial period, you won’t get charged. If you’re within three days of converting to a paid membership, you’ll get a refund, but Amazon can charge you for any Prime benefits you used in those three days.
Top 5 Amazon Prime Clothing Brands
For years, Amazon was simply a platform for other major fashion companies to sell their products, but in 2017, that all changed. The company decided to take advantage of the move from brick and mortar stores to online shopping and develop its own in-house brands.
Amazon’s goal in doing this was to bring higher sales to the company while also bringing better value to Amazon customers. The company now has more than 50 different in-house labels for men, women, and kids. The clothing ranges from career clothes to baby clothes to activewear, and even lingerie.
With so many Amazon Prime clothing brands out there, it can be challenging to choose the right one for you. To help you check out each brand and figure out if it might work for you, we’ve compiled this list.
Here’s a look at the top 5 Amazon Prime clothing brands:
Lark & Ro
Amazon’s brand, Lark & Ro, is a women’s line designed for your everyday wardrobe but also offers plenty of wear-to-work staples, (Check out this article for advice on how you should dress for your first day of work!) The Amazon site says the line will bring “style and confidence” to your wardrobe.
You can find anything from dresses to tops, pants and sweaters, and even outerwear. Here are a couple examples of the Lark & Ro line:
- Women’s Classic Cap Sleeve Wrap Dress: $39
- Women’s Long Sleeve Band Collar Henley Blouse: $31.73
- Women’s Stretch Side Zip Pant: $38.16
- Women’s Long Sleeve V-Neck Sweater: $27.10
- Women’s Double Breasted Peacoat: $62.44
Most items in the Lark & Ro line range in price from $30 up to $80.
Daily Ritual is another women’s line by Amazon. This line is one of the more affordable ones and features many clothing items that are designed to be comfy, stylish, and layered.
Trying to stay on budget? Check out how to look stylish as a young professional on a budget.
You’ll find stylish tunics, warm puffer jackets, trendy dresses, leggings, hoodies, and even tanks and tees. Most colors in this line are neutral, like black, white, or gray, to make it easy to layer pieces or mix and match your purchases.
Here are some items from the Daily Ritual line:
- Women’s Ponte Knit Legging: $20
- Women’s Long-Sleeve Split-Hem Tunic: $24.44
- Women’s 100% Cotton Mock-Neck Sweater: $29
- Women’s High-Rise Skinny Jean: $42.46
- Women’s Wool Blend Turtleneck Sweater Dress: $39
The prices of the Daily Ritual line are relatively affordable, generally ranging from $20 to $40.
Amazon Essentials is a clothing line where you can shop for the whole family. They have women’s, men’s, kid’s, and baby clothing and even activewear.
This line sticks to the basics with comfortable clothing in every area. Amazon says they take customer reviews to create the clothing in this line and to fine-tune those pieces to ensure they’re comfortable high quality and long-lasting, all while staying affordable.
Here are some of the top picks in the Amazon Essentials brand:
- Men’s Classic-Fit Wrinkle-Resistant Flat-Front Chino Pants: $19.80
- Women’s Mid-Weight Puffer Vest: $30
- Toddler and Kids’ Long-Sleeve Tight-fit 2-Piece Pajama Set: $12.50
- Kids’ 10-Pack Cotton Crew Sock: $10.50
- Men’s 2-Pack Loose-Fit Performance Shorts: $16.35
As you can see, Amazon Essentials is a very affordable line from Amazon, where you can find just about everything you need for under 30 bucks.
While Amazon has plenty of brands for women, Goodthreads is a clothing line designed specifically for men. Goodthreads is like the J.Crew of Amazon. You’ll find sweaters, cotton button-downs, and nice slacks.
Take a look at some of the clothing items you’ll find in the Goodthreads line:
- Men’s “The Perfect Chino Pant” Slim-Fit Washed Comfort Stretch: $30
- Men’s Slim-Fit Long-Sleeve Gingham Plaid Poplin Shirt: $24.79
- Men’s “The Perfect Oxford Shirt” Slim-Fit Long-Sleeve Solid: $24.37
- Men’s “The Perfect Crewneck T-Shirt” Short-Sleeve Cotton: $12
- Men’s Standard Slim-Fit Jean: $40
As you can see from the clothing options above, Goodthreads is a reasonably priced men’s line with prices ranging from $20 to $40.
Cable Stitch is another women’s line by Amazon. It’s a clothing line full of knit sweaters (Learn how to style a winter sweater in that article!) and dresses. If that sounds simple, don’t be fooled. The line is still full of various options within those two areas.
You’ll find creative patters and block colors, cutout shoulders, and ruffled sleeves, oversized cardigans, and mid-length sweater dresses. Here are some choices you might see in the Cable Stitch line:
- Women’s Camo Jacquard Sweater: $49.50
- Women’s Funnel Neck Oversized Sweater: $59.50
- Women’s Long-Sleeve Cutout Sweater: $49.50
- Women’s Turtleneck Ribbed Sweater Dress: $79.50
- Women’s Wave Stitch Cotton Sweater: $39.50
Although, three of these lines are specifically for women, remember there are dozens of other Amazon clothing lines out there. So, get signed up for Amazon Prime if you aren’t already and check out Prime Wardrobe.